Question about eligibility

Are you eligible for Italian Citizenship jure sanguinis?

Moderator: Daniel

Question about eligibility

Postby jpastore » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:36 pm

I have a quick question about pursuing my Italian citizenship. My great grandparents on my father's side were both born in Italy, my GGF in 1890, my GGM in 1892. In 1910 my GGF came to America, my GGM arrived in February 1912, they were married the next day and my grandfather was born in December of 1912. So far so good, but I dug up my great grandfather's naturalization papers and he was naturalized in July of 1912, 6 months before my grandfather was born. On the document it says that he had to have been a resident in America for 5 years before he could apply and I know from other records that he had only been in the country for 2, but I'm assuming that it was a little easier to fudge the dates back then. I'm guessing that because my great grandfather became a citizen 6 months before my grandfather was born my chances are out the window, but I'm wondering if anybody has similar stories and any suggestions for me. Oh, and my great grandmother never became an American citizen, but unfortunately I don't think that does me any good. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
jpastore

Re: Question about eligibility

Postby tonyric » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:38 pm

Looks like you may be out of luck on this unless you can get the Federal Government to revoke his citizenship which is as likely as..... well, I think you get my meaning on that. Sorry.
tonyric

Return to Qualifying