No evidence of Naturalization - will this suffice?

Are you eligible for Italian Citizenship jure sanguinis?

Moderator: Daniel

No evidence of Naturalization - will this suffice?

Postby cornell » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:57 pm

My great grandfather emigrated to the USA in 1891 from Palermo. My grandfather was born in NY in 1896. USCIS, NARA, and the county courts from the two places where he lived (New York County and Queens County) all have done searches and have No Records of my great grandfather ever having naturalized. Is that enough proof that he never naturalized? Many thanks.
cornell

Re: No evidence of Naturalization - will this suffice?

Postby Em » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:31 pm

It looks good, but even though census records are notoriously unreliable, consulates now seem to be asking for them to support a "no records" claim. If you can find a 1900 and/or 1910 census that identifies him as AL this will be helpful. NARA will certify such records.
Em

Postby Juicy835 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:09 am

thanks for sharing
Juicy835

Postby dk101 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Hello

Certainly some prove of evidence must be submitted, you can not just came in consulate or filled out some application just saying I have done just that or I have seen "with my own eyes" this. It need to be some prove anyway.
dk101

Postby CPA21 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:13 pm

The certificates stating that there was no record of citizenship are all that you can produce. It is very difficult to prove that someone did not naturalize. Also the DHS will provide a formal certificate of nonexistence of a citizenship record. That certificate of nonexistence is usually the primary document used at the consulate. It is eupplemented with the census records and local cort records, and so forth.
CPA21

Return to Qualifying