Need Help Filling Out AIRE Form - Los Angeles consulate

Share your stories of success with others.

Moderator: Daniel

Need Help Filling Out AIRE Form - Los Angeles consulate

Postby lilpokey » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:26 pm

Hi,

Received "the letter" from the Los Angeles Consulate last week! Took 3 years from the time I started researching. Two months ago my appendix burst and due to complications had two surgeries in two weeks. Finally getting back on my feet now. Thought I wouldn't live to get my citizenship. What a beautiful gift when we got the letter. Will write more about experiences as I am up to it. In the meantime though, I could really use a hand filling out the AIRE form. Even in English, it's a little confusing to me.

Under DOCUMENTS - we don't have Italian passports yet,(so I guess I leave this blank?) but further down in the same section it says "Type of legal residency Visa". I don't understand what this means. Is it OK to leave the entire section blank?

Also under "ELECTORAL AND A.I.R.E. INFORMATION-Is this where I put the commune my family is from?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Lynn
lilpokey

MORE CONFUSION ON A.I.R.E.

Postby lilpokey » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:00 pm

My adult daughter and I live together and the consulate sent us each an AIRE form. The top of the form says HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD. Should we each put ourselves as HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD on our respective forms?

Thanks again for your help.

Lynn
lilpokey

Postby cammeresi » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:29 pm

Re passports, leave blank, you don't have one.

Re residency visa, leave blank, unless you have a US visa.

Can't remember what I put for electoral and AIRE stuff. It seems like one was the comune where you're registered and another was the consulate, but I'm not sure.
cammeresi

Return to Success Stories