Which consulate do I go through?

Determine if an ancestor was ever naturalized and, if so, discuss your consulate's requirements for proving this.

Moderator: Daniel

Which consulate do I go through?

Postby rnorthro14 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:11 pm

I am seeking citizenship through this route:

Mother > GF > GGF

I currently live in Colorado but my family is from NY (where my ancestors settled). My GGF emmigrated, lived and passed away in NY as did his son. Do I need to follow the procedures of the NY Consulate, or do I go through the consulate that covers Denver? (I believe Chicago in this case, even though Denver has its own Consulate).

Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:19 am

Postby Tiffany » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:52 pm

You must apply at the consulate in whose jurisdiction you reside. This means that you must use the Chicago consulate.
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:21 pm

Postby David_ » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:49 pm

It'll be a long drive, but at least be glad you're not from Hawaii having to travel to San Francisco.
User avatar
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:08 pm

Return to Naturalization

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests