Certificate of Naturlization

Determine if an ancestor was ever naturalized and, if so, discuss your consulate's requirements for proving this.

Moderator: Daniel

Certificate of Naturlization

Postby Monica » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:02 am

Hello all,
So here is my next issue. I have the 639 form and obviously trying to get a hold of my Ggrandfathers naturlization copy orginal/ So IM thinking i have to send it to the office is Lees Summit missouri is that hte right address :?:
Monica

Re: Certificate of Naturlization

Postby Monica » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:32 pm

I am not looking for geneaology i am trying to jus get hte certified copy of naturalization.

its so confusing now
Monica

Postby zagnut » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:59 pm

Use the link I gave you- USCIS calls it Genealogical regardless what you or I would call it.

You need to request USCIS do a search via G-1041 request (there is even an online version- no mailing required!) After they come back with your ancestor's naturalization certificate number, you do a G-1041A request for a copy of the certificate. USCIS no longer certifies them- the consulates accept them uncertified (despite what their websites say).
zagnut

Postby Monica » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:12 pm

Well i have a photo copy of it so this means i could just skip step #1 since i may already have that number
Monica

Postby sborrelle » Tue May 19, 2009 4:07 pm

I submitted a USCIS index search request back in January and I still haven't received a response. Is this normal? Does it really take this long?
sborrelle

Postby LaRocca413 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:20 pm

sborrelle wrote:I submitted a USCIS index search request back in January and I still haven't received a response. Is this normal? Does it really take this long?

I was just on the USCIS website the other day and it said they were on mid-February applications as of right now. On the other note, def don't use the old Lee's Summit address, I made that mistake because I started stuff back in 2005 when they were using it, but all they did was send it all back to me with that nice little letter that said to use the online service. :? It's frustrating surely, but you kind of get used to it after awhile. Everything seems to have a long wait involved!

-Andrew
LaRocca413

Postby sborrelle » Tue May 19, 2009 8:00 pm

I did submit my index search request online. Where on their website did you find that information? And agreed, everything does seem to take a long time.
sborrelle

Postby LaRocca413 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:38 pm

sborrelle wrote:I did submit my index search request online. Where on their website did you find that information? And agreed, everything does seem to take a long time.

The information concerning where USCIS is currently at regarding requests can be found at the very bottom of http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/ ... 18190aRCRD

Still showing as mid-Feb 09 and earlier as of right now when I went to copy the link for it.

-Andrew
LaRocca413

Postby sborrelle » Thu May 21, 2009 7:41 am

Got it. Thanks very much.
sborrelle

Postby jcat » Sun May 31, 2009 5:57 pm

if you have the certificate number send the g104a form to get the naturalization papers, and yes they say they are working on Feb. 09 and earlier requests. I can affirm the earlier, as I sent in a g104a in Mid-Jan. and I'm still waiting...............thank goodness for the Monroe County clerks office in Rochester, who after a phone call I made to them, sent my grandfathers naturalization papers to me within one week and did not charge me a penny! As of right now I have what I need(at no cost) and have spent $35 for the same document which I am still waiting on and from what I hear, the copies are really poor. I suppose I'll submit the USCIS copy(if it comes before December when my appointment is) and keep the clear and legible copy from the County Clerk for sentimental reasons.
jcat

Postby Monica » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:33 pm

i just alled em annd there Helpful but VERY rude
Monica

Return to Naturalization