Received My Certificate of Nonexistence! G1041 or G1041A?

Determine if an ancestor was ever naturalized and, if so, discuss your consulate's requirements for proving this.

Moderator: Daniel

Received My Certificate of Nonexistence! G1041 or G1041A?

Postby AngeloPeragine » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:23 am

Hello, I made the mistake of sending both naturalization forms out at the same time, I’ve now received results but I’m not sure what is what and where I should go from here. I received to sign certified documents, both signed by Mike Quinn, Chief Record Operations. One document is the U.S. Department National Security U.S. Citizenship and immigration Services Certificate of Nonexistence of Record HQORM-7O142- .C4. The second document is a letter that basically introduces the certificate and states that the my grandmothers files are non-existent. Do I have all I need, or do I still need to send another application out? If anyone could help I’d greatly appreciate it. My appointment is this January in Miami, and I’m hoping that I have completed collecting all of my documentation.
Thanks
AngeloPeragine

Re: Received My Certificate of Nonexistence! G1041 or G1041A?

Postby CPA21 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:12 am

You are done with USCIS! Of course there are always things that can go wrong. For example, if your grandfather came over as a minor with your great grandfather the consulate would ask to see the great grandfather's citizenship documentation.

Beyond that you need to go through the census records etc that your local consulate requires.
CPA21

Return to Naturalization