no nauralization certificate

Determine if an ancestor was ever naturalized and, if so, discuss your consulate's requirements for proving this.

Moderator: Daniel

no nauralization certificate

Postby Joe Diorio » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:17 pm

who do i write to in order to get a certificate stating that my grandfather was not a naturalized citizen?
Joe Diorio
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pa

Postby Giuseppe » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:28 am


You need to file a FOIA request with USCIS:

Once you receive a letter from the FOIA office, in approximately six months, stating that there is no record for your relative, you need to submit a copy of the letter to the Records Services Branch for certification.

Their address is:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, ATTN: Records Services Branch, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20529.

Good luck.

Posts: 72
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 1:45 am

Return to Naturalization

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests