Additional requirements

Determine if an ancestor was ever naturalized and, if so, discuss your consulate's requirements for proving this.

Moderator: Daniel

Additional requirements

Postby djdepalma » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:47 am

I went o the NYC consulate yesterday, and received approval on all my documents except for the Certificate of Naturalization. The head official was concerned that the certificate from the New Haven CT district court (dated 1928) was missing my grandfather's date of birth and photo. I didn't see anywhere on this document where a date of birth or photo could have been included.

He further stated that the Consulate would need the Petition and/or application documents with birthdate and photo. I have been to the office before with this same certificate and no one ever said anything about it being problematic. And, I've never read anything on your site (or anywhere else) about this additional requirement.

Is this now common practice for NYC?

Meanwhile, I have contacted the NARA office in Waltham MA and am working on obtaining the other paperwork.

Thanks.
Dave
djdepalma

Re: Additional requirements

Postby CPA21 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:18 pm

You should be able to get the declaration of Intentent petition for citizenship, and oath of allegiance from NARA. I do not know if there is a photo on the forms but do not be too concerned. This is typical "belt and suspenders" behavior by the consulate.

Do not give up.

Do not become impatient.

ALWAYS BE POLITE!
CPA21

Return to Naturalization