Question-Naturalization Prior to 1906

Determine if an ancestor was ever naturalized and, if so, discuss your consulate's requirements for proving this.

Moderator: Daniel

Question-Naturalization Prior to 1906

Postby BroookeA » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Hello,

I am really new to this, and I have already been told that I can qualify for jure sanguinis through my paternal G-G-Grandfather(born in Italy and came here in 1899.) However, I need to make sure that he was never naturalized. Here's my situation- my G-Grandfather was born in 1905 in Massachusetts. I know that NARA and UCIS only can search for naturalization cert. post 1906. Because my G-Grandfather was born in 1905, does this mean that I only have to search for the naturalization cert. through the Massachusetts archives? Or do I have to get it from both UCIS and Massachusetts?

I hope that this is not too confusing . Any info that you may have would be greatly appreciated. I'll take any help that I can get.
BroookeA

Re: Question-Naturalization Prior to 1906

Postby CPA21 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:20 am

You will need to do the USCIS search using the genealogy program and you will also need to do a search of the local records. The consulate will decide how much and how hard you will need to check the local records.
CPA21

Return to Naturalization