Naturalization for Miami Consulate

Determine if an ancestor was ever naturalized and, if so, discuss your consulate's requirements for proving this.

Moderator: Daniel

Naturalization for Miami Consulate

Postby jlucarini » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:36 pm

Does anyone know whether the Miami Consulate accepts the NARA certified documents for proof of naturalization. These documents include everything except the certificate of naturalization itself.
jlucarini

Postby Anonymous » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:05 am

Consulates would want to see the Naturalization certificate, or a "no found" letter. The petition and declaration of intent rae nothing in itself, as many immigrants have returned before becoming US citizens.
However, I cannot speak for a consular official, as they have the final word
Anonymous

Postby mw159 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:12 pm

I just faxed a copy of the Petition and of the Oath of Allegiance and asked if these would prove date. The Oath was from the naturalization cerimony in court where father-in-law's father was Naturalized, it had petition granted on one of the lines at bottom with # of petition, and certificate #[/u] also. The petition # on Oath matched the # on Petition to Naturalize.

Miami just replied that they were Ok. I think this means they are accepting them. Oh, The MASS Archive where we got this also cert a letter and gave petition # and Cert # that matched numbers on Oath.

I just emailed Miami and asked to confirm this and check on getting appointment. Wish us Luck!
mw159

Postby Em » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:17 pm

I do wish you luck, but you won't need it. The Oath is sufficient documentation for many consulates. My son submitted one two months ago, and there was no problem.
Em

Return to Naturalization