Has Anyone Requested Documents Directly from the Comuni?

Gather certified copies and apostilles.

Moderator: Daniel

Has Anyone Requested Documents Directly from the Comuni?

Postby naturalelements » Tue May 29, 2007 2:38 am

I am only in need of the Italian documents in my quest for dual citizenship. I tried ICGS but they have hardly gotten back to me since I requested documents back in October of 2006.
Has anyone simply written a letter to a comuni and requested the documents that they need, in Italian of course?

Thanks,
Jeffrey
naturalelements

Postby Em » Tue May 29, 2007 8:01 am

Many have done just that. If you know the commune and know the dates, you should be fine.
Em

Postby Joe T » Tue May 29, 2007 9:29 pm

I am interested in writing my great-grandfather's comune for his birth certificate. Is there any specific infomation I should enclose with the letter to be sure that the comune will provide the certificate?

Thank you!
Joe T

Postby palex » Tue May 29, 2007 10:50 pm

Hi Joe,
Most people have suggested that you include:

- International Reply Coupons to cover return postage (can be purchased at post offices)
- Self addressed envelope
- You must make your request in Italian. You can use this site to write such a request:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

A few have also suggested that you include a copy of a photo ID.

I am still waiting on a request I made a month ago. I've sent a couple of follow-up faxes, but no word at all from them. I've heard the process can take a little while... I think it depends greatly upon the specific comune.

Best of luck,
Paul
palex

Postby Joe T » Wed May 30, 2007 7:33 am

Thank you very much for your help!
Joe T

Postby flproject13 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:10 am

i tried getting a hold of the ari comune, nobody ever got back to me. I just got italiaamerica to get it got my great grandfathers birth certificate in 2 weeks. I mean the cost is steep, but it was a time saver for me. I've heard some comunes for larger cities are nearly impossible to get documents from while others for smaller towns tend to be quite easy. For some reason this wasn't the case with my family's town, it's very small.
flproject13

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:24 pm

When requesting documents from italy do you need to send the money with your request? If so how do you find out how much it is?
Anonymous

Postby Joe T » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:45 pm

When I wrote the commune, I just asked that they please charge me for both the costs of the documents and postage.

Good luck.
Joe T

Postby arg1 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:59 am

I wrote a letter to my grandmother's comune requesting her birth certificate and sent it away in mid-May. Last week I received it in the mail. In the letter I told them I was applying for dual citizenship in the US, gave them my grandmother's name, date of birth and her parents names. I also included a self-addressed envelope. I've also been waiting for a company to find it so I was very pleasantly surprised at how quickly the comune responded. I didn't enclose any money, but asked in my letter that they charge me for any expenses (they didn't). Hope this helps.

Marisa
arg1

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:09 am

arg1 wrote:I wrote a letter to my grandmother's comune requesting her birth certificate and sent it away in mid-May. Last week I received it in the mail. In the letter I told them I was applying for dual citizenship in the US, gave them my grandmother's name, date of birth and her parents names. I also included a self-addressed envelope. I've also been waiting for a company to find it so I was very pleasantly surprised at how quickly the comune responded. I didn't enclose any money, but asked in my letter that they charge me for any expenses (they didn't). Hope this helps.

Marisa

Hi Marisa, would you be able to tell me how to say "I am applying for dual Australian/Italian citizenship" in Italian please? Thankyou!
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:45 pm

I need to request more than one document from my grandfather's comune. Can I also request his certificate of Italian citizenship from the comune?
Anonymous

Postby flproject13 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:26 am

Anonymous wrote:
arg1 wrote:I wrote a letter to my grandmother's comune requesting her birth certificate and sent it away in mid-May. Last week I received it in the mail. In the letter I told them I was applying for dual citizenship in the US, gave them my grandmother's name, date of birth and her parents names. I also included a self-addressed envelope. I've also been waiting for a company to find it so I was very pleasantly surprised at how quickly the comune responded. I didn't enclose any money, but asked in my letter that they charge me for any expenses (they didn't). Hope this helps.

Marisa

Hi Marisa, would you be able to tell me how to say "I am applying for dual Australian/Italian citizenship" in Italian please? Thankyou!

fa domanda per doppia cittadinanza con i Stati Uniti e Australia
flproject13

Return to Documents