Will these documents be enough in Melbourne?

Gather certified copies and apostilles.

Moderator: Daniel

Will these documents be enough in Melbourne?

Postby Aussie34 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:21 pm

I have an appointment with the Melbourne, Australia, Consulate in March 2009. I have compiled as many documents as possible to date. I am applying via my paternal grandmother. My father was born in 1956 and she naturalised in 1958.

I have the following documents:-

i. my birth certificate (which I will arrange for Apostille and translation);
ii. my father’s birth certificate (which I will arrange for Apostille and translation);
iii. my father’s marriage certificate and divorce decree (which I will arrange for Apostille and translation);
iv. a copy of my grandmother’s naturalisation papers in Australia. This has her date and place of birth and says that she was an Italian citizen;
v. a copy of my grandmother’s marriage certificate from Italy. This also has her date and place of birth;
vi. my grandfather’s Italian passport, military papers, Italian driver’s licence and naturalisation papers; and
vii. my grandfather’s death certificate.

Will this be enough to meet the jure sanguinis criteria in Melbourne?

I have formally requested my grandmother’s birth certificate from Italy. I might also be able to access her current Italian pension card.

Please note that I can not rely on my grandfather as he naturalised prior to my father’s birth.
Aussie34

Return to Documents