Police records and apostille - Jure Matrimoni questions

Gather certified copies and apostilles.

Moderator: Daniel

Police records and apostille - Jure Matrimoni questions

Postby bondo » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Hi,

I am in the process of gathering my documents to apply for my citizenship through Jure Matrimoni. I had some questions regarding notary and apostilles. I recently received my police records, a letter saying no criminal history, from the State of New Jersey, the State of New York and the State of California. I sent my police records back to NJ and NY for their apostilles, however they were returned to me by the respective states stating I need them notarized first before they can issue an apostille.

Several questions:

1) Do I need to write an affidavit stating these are my records since there is no place to sign my name on them, in order to get them notarized or can i just sign my name anywhere on the document in front of a notary?

2) Does the notary need to come from the state the documents were issued or can I get my NJ and NY documents notarized by a CA notary?

3) Finally, does the apostille have to come from the state the documents were issued or can I get apostilles for all my out of state documents(NJ and NY) in California?

Hope these questions make sense.

Thanks for your help.
bondo

Return to Documents