Documents - NYC Consulate

Gather certified copies and apostilles.

Moderator: Daniel

Documents - NYC Consulate

Postby jaco » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Raga,

Quick question, does it matter that my naturalization papers are from the national archives or do they need to come from Homeland Security - Department of Justice?

They are certified copies with the raised seal and ribbon including the Petition, Intention and Oath.
jaco

Re: Documents - NYC Consulate

Postby auctionmaven » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:27 am

Hi, I'd love to know the answer too, I have the same document with the ribbon and seal, and then I went to have the signature authenticated at 60 centre st., and afterward for the apostille at 123 william st.
auctionmaven

Re: Do****ents - NYC Consulate

Postby MTK » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:29 pm

More than once it was confirmed to me by the NY consolate that the Natrualization Petition (with the signed oath page) was all that was necessary, and that the actualy Naturalization certificate was not necessary. The NP from NARA in Boston is the one with the red ribbon and the raised seal. I was also told by the concolate that this document need not be translated. I did get a copy of my grandfather's certificate from CICS, and with it came a sloppy photocopy of the NP. I think you've got the right thing.
MTK

Re: Do****ents - NYC Consulate

Postby Em » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:02 am

Although it was several years ago, the NY Consulate accepted my certified Declaration and Oath in lieu of a naturalization certificate.
Em

Re: Documents - NYC Consulate

Postby taryn » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:12 pm

Just FYI on this (though not NYC), Boston told me I would, in fact, need the actual Declaration even though I presented the Petition and Oath. Oh well, waiting is the name of this game!
taryn

Return to Documents