Discrepancies in Document (SF)

Gather certified copies and apostilles.

Moderator: Daniel

Discrepancies in Document (SF)

Postby Marcea » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:33 pm

Hii :)

My great grandfathers last name was Innamorato - that is on his birth certificate, etc. However, upon Naturalization in the USA, he took the name Ennamorato. Changing the I to an E. I realized I would most likely have to amend all documents that do not have the name Innamorato, as the Italian Embassy does not allow for different names then the one retaining to the Italian Citizen.

However in his Naturalization, it is shown as him entering the USA as "Innamorato" however, he is written as Ennamorato. Will this be sufficient proof to the SF Embassy that he is who he said he was? I heard that if you have the Naturalization where both names are listed, it might be fine not to amend all other documents.

If not, then I need to amend most document from Great Grandfather down, Yikes :) Any info on this would be great.

Thanks!
Marcea
Marcea

Re: Discrepancies in Do****ent (SF)

Postby Em » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:18 pm

No guarantees ever, of course, but a naturalization document that clearly shows the connection between the two names is probably going to be enough for the consulate. Looks like you're good to go.
Em

Return to Documents