appointment at philly consulate

Gather certified copies and apostilles.

Moderator: Daniel

appointment at philly consulate

Postby belmoro19 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:57 am

Just wanted to give some information. This forum has been very helpful to me and wanted to thank everyone for their advice. much appreciated.
I have noticed alot of posts like my own that have missing marrige records for their ancestors, etc and thought I would share my experience with the philly consulate.
I contacted the consulate in regards to the fact that i am missing my grandparents marriage certificate and to see if i should or could apply for italian citizenship. I did inform them of the many no record letters that I have from many agencies, churches, funeral home and the like.
I do not know the person's name that I contacted via email but they informed me that if I could bring a copy of a census that has them listed as married or at least living together that they would accept it. I found the census from 1950( which was not cheap $95). I hope that this does not change when I have my appoinment in February. Should I bring a copy of the email with me to be on the safe side?
There is hope hope out there for us. So don't give. Trust me, I have been tempted many times, but this is something that I really want and will not give up until I exhaust all options!!! I have bben gathering documents for many years so I hope that this all pays off.

Buona fortuna a tutti

belmoro19

Re: appointment at philly consulate

Postby CPA21 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:06 pm

The United States Census from 1950 is not a public record. What is the actual record that you have?
CPA21

Postby belmoro19 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:56 pm

What I have is a certified transcription from the census bureau with my grandparents' information it and has a seal on it. It is not an actual copy of the census record but it is from the bureau and it is certified.
belmoro19

Postby CPA21 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:49 pm

OK! The census records are sealed for 72 years.
CPA21

Postby belmoro19 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:19 pm

This pdf file can explain it better than I can. www.census.gov/genealogy/www/bc-600.pdf This is what I used.It is the application for census records 1940 and later. Not sure I pasted this correctly but it is the website.
belmoro19

Return to Documents