Mother - Grandmother - Documents

Gather certified copies and apostilles.

Moderator: Daniel

Mother - Grandmother - Documents

Postby Afontana » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:58 pm

I have been trying to get my Dual Citizenship with Italia for the past 2 years. I just found this forum and would love some help with everything. Are the documents below everything that I need in order to submit my application for Dual Citizenship?

Your maternal grandmother's birth certificate from Italy.
Your maternal grandfather's birth certificate
Your grandparents' marriage certificate (If married outside of Italy, you will need an apostille and a translation into Italian.)
Your maternal grandmother's certificate of naturalization OR statement of "No Records"
Your mother's birth certificate (with apostille and translation)
Your father's birth certificate
Your parents' marriage certificate (with apostille and translation)
Your birth certificate (with apostille and translation)
Your marriage certificate, if applicable (with apostille and translation)
Your spouse's birth certificate, if applicable
Birth certificates for all your children under the age of eighteen, if applicable (with apostille and translation)
Any applicable divorce decrees/certificates (with apostille and translation)
Death certificates for anyone listed above (with apostille and translation, if for your mother or grandmother)
Afontana

Re: Mother - Grandmother - Do****ents

Postby Em » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:29 pm

I assume your mother was not born before 1948 because women could not pass citizenship before that date. Also, your grandmother was naturalized after your mom's birth. If this is the case, you seem to have everything. If your mom is not applying with you, have her complete a Declaration of Living Ascendant, which is a statement that she never renounced Italian citizenship.
Em

Return to Documents