I Need a Birth Certificate from Italy

Gather certified copies and apostilles.

Moderator: Daniel

I Need a Birth Certificate from Italy

Postby chiunti » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi,

I found your website because I need a birth certificate from Italy, only that I don't know the exact birh date of my grand grandfather . I Only know his name, the name of his parents, the town and the date range of birth (1885-1887). Is this information sufficient for yours? when I request a certificate since your website, how can I follow the process? by mail? o by the website?. The certificate that you will send me, is valid for the Jure Sanguinis process?

Thank you.
chiunti

Re: I Need a Birth Certificate from Italy

Postby Aussie34 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:34 am

I would fax and write (with reply paid envelope) to the Comune in Italy where he was born. Provide every detail you have and hope for the best. If they can locate the Birth Certificate, they are likely to provide you with a certified copy which will be accepted at the Consulate where you are applying for Citizenship. I would make the request in Italian. I did this with Comune Di Udine and they provided my nonna's BC and marriage certificate within a month free of charge.
Aussie34

Re: I Need a Birth Certificate from Italy

Postby raautilio » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:12 am

I agree. Just put in as much as you can. Put that date range and usually they will find it.
I used this website: http://www.italiandocs.com/how-to-request-documents for all my documents from Italy.
It helps you draft the letter in Italian. Where the dates go, just put your year range and I am sure they will find it.
It worked with me a few times when I was getting my citizenship. Now I am working on my family tree and have
had no problems getting BC's from Italy using that form.
If you go to your Post Office and ask for a IRC, thats always nice to put in the envelope. Basically, your paying for the return
postage back. Although its a nice touch, its not necessary. I also recommend google translator. Thats helped me get the correct verbage.
Good luck.
raautilio

Return to Documents