Death Certificate: 2 questions

Gather certified copies and apostilles.

Moderator: Daniel

Death Certificate: 2 questions

Postby Grigi » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:52 pm

Hello,

Could someone please tell me if I need to submit the death certificate of my grandmother if I am applying through my grandfather (her husband.) I have his DC of course, and the apostile, but I didn't think I needed hers, even though I am submitting her BC from Italy and their marriage certificate. Now I''m not sure and the appointment (NYC) is in three weeks.

I have begun to look but not sure where to look, since she lived in Brooklyn but died in NJ while visiting my aunt, and then was buried out on Long Island. So, my questions are, do I need it, and would it be NJ where she died, or NYC where she lived?

Thanks,

Grigi
Grigi

Re: Death Certificate: 2 questions

Postby CPA21 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm

1. The death certificate is issued by the state that she died in

2. Since you are not using her in your chain if citizenship not having the death certificate will not be a show stopper. In the worst case NYC will have you mail in the document after the appointment. For all I know they may not even ask for the death certificate
CPA21

Postby Grigi » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:46 pm

Thanks very much. I was going to try NYC -- if I need to look in NJ, I will, but I hope the consulate won't need it.
Grigi

Postby Grigi » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks again, CPA21. I wasn't asked for my grandmother's death certificate, which was great because I didn't have it! I'm waiting to hear if my documents have been accepted -- there were some minor problems. When I find out, I would like to post on here, but I'm not sure if I'll be back since coming here is quite unpleasant; it reminds me of a nice garden overrun with weeds. Is there no one to get rid of that horrid pharma spam and bar the spammer from ever posting again?

Grigi
Grigi

Postby Juicy855 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:24 am

That is very kind of you to write this share for us, thanks a lot.
Juicy855

Return to Documents