Court order to change father's name on my BC?

Gather certified copies and apostilles.

Moderator: Daniel

Court order to change father's name on my BC?

Postby pcgraphics » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:50 pm

A problem I have encountered is that my father, who has been deceased since 1983, used the name of Philip on my birth certificate as his name. His name is Felice. He also went as far as putting Jr. for my name. His birth, marriage, soc sec card, draft card, death cert. are all Felice. The office of corrections will not change it but has asked that I get a court order. HELP! How do I do that. How expensive? Has any ever done this?
It is very hard to speak to them directly but I left my name for the review to call. ugh! My appointment is April 15
pcgraphics

Re: Court order to change father's name on my BC?

Postby CPA21 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:29 pm

In NYC there was no need to get a court order to change my father's name on my birth certificate. I simply filled out a form and presented a copy of my deceased father's birth certificate.

In what jurisdiction are you making the change?
CPA21

Postby pcgraphics » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:59 am

This is in NYC. I am awaiting their explanation with a call back. I did not provide an older sibling's bc which could have been the problem but I am only guessing. What would you do?
pcgraphics

Postby CPA21 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:33 pm

According to the form an older sibling's birth certificate is acceptable too.

Do you have the ability to physically visit the vital records office in lower Manhattan? I literally walked all my papers through. I had to change my father's name on his marriage and death certificates to match his name on his birth certificate as well as his name on my birth certificate and marriage certificate.

The effort was time consuming more than anything else.
CPA21

Postby Em » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:04 am

The sibling's birth certificate may well do it, but I had my father's name changed on my birth certificate in NYC without difficulty. They wanted an original or certified copy of my dad's birth certificate, however, and would not accept a photocopy. I, too, visited the Corrections Division in person.
Em

Postby Juicy855 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:28 am

"Keep a straight face, keep your happiness and joy to yourself, and pay the fifty cents or two bucks that they want for the piece, get in your car and head to trusted Burberry nova checks for an appraisal!

You have a chance to buy[url=http://www.theburberryscarf.net/]burberry scarf [/url] hundreds or even thousands of dollars of rare and ****://www.theburberryoutlet.net/] burberry outlet [/url] nova checks for pennies on the dollar. At one such sale, I was able to come across a mood ring from the 70's that included a book with an explanation of Burberry.

In fact, spending those Saturday mornings at the yard sales and estate sales may even become addicting! I have found that the very best places to find antique jewelry at wholesale prices are at estate sales. There are ****://www.theburberryrainboots.net/] burberry rain boots[/url] scarves you can try to obtain at or even below wholesale prices.

One thing you can do is have a look at your local newspaper to find garage and estate sales. Typically, at these sales; the people holding the sale really don't know the value of what they have.

Burberry Online Store tends to be of high value, so buying the ****://www.theburberrysale.net/]burberry sale [/url] can be expensive. However, if you know where to look, you can purchase Burberry at wholesale prices. A large number of people feel that eBay and other online Burberry featured products are the best places to start.

This can be a good choice occasionally, however, most people who are selling are aware of the price for the item they are offering, and it is usually very favorable. Locating ****://www.theburberrywallet.net/]burberry wallet [/url]featured products at wholesale prices is fun and exciting.

You may find that the piece isn't worth much; however, there are times when you will come across some real values. Not only that if the piece has little or no value, you could break it down and use it for parts if you like to make Burberry."
Juicy855

Postby pamgam » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:47 pm

I had the same problem. My father's birth name was Pasquale, but he went by Paul on his marriage and my birth certificate. I had no luck in MA with in either city where the events took place. I finally hired a lawyer. My fathe is elderly but still alive so we had certified copies from him that he wanted to have them changed. All of the fees to file and the lawyer etc. cost about $500. Everything has been submitted and I am waiting to hear from the consulate in NY>
pamgam

Return to Documents