Name discrepancies - Philadelphia

Gather certified copies and apostilles.

Moderator: Daniel

Name discrepancies - Philadelphia

Postby mack1020 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:14 pm

Had my interview with the consulate (Philadelphia) and everything went well. However, my grandfather and father’s documents had variations in first names (Giovanni/John, Gugliemo/William) and last names (DiClemente, DiClemento, Clements). I was advised that I need a court order declaring that for example, Giovanni DiClemente, Giovanni DiClemento and John Clements were one and the same person. My grandfather was not naturalized and died in 1963; my father was born in America and died in 1988.

I went to Superior Court in New Jersey but all they provided was information on how to change my OWN name, which I don’t want to do, nor do I want to change my deceased ancestors’ names! Has anyone obtained an order along the lines of “Giovanni DiBruno, b. 1/1/1880 in Naples Italy and John Brown, b. 1/1/1880 in Naples Italy and d. 1/1/1960 in Philadelphia are one and the same individual”?
mack1020

Re: Name discrepancies - Philadelphia

Postby joanie19046 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:34 am

I am sorry, I do not have an answer for your question. I saw that you are linked to Philadelphia, and wondered if you knew how to get the long form birth certificate from the state of PA? It is not listed as an option on the website.

Thank you if you can help and for reading this message.

joanie19046@gmail.com
joanie19046

Return to Documents