Birth Certificate for Deceased Relative (Baltimore, MD)

Gather certified copies and apostilles.

Moderator: Daniel

Birth Certificate for Deceased Relative (Baltimore, MD)

Postby jszmajda » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:59 am

Hi, I have a bit of a problem. My mother is trying to get my Grandfather's Birth Certificate from the MD Division of Vital Records, but they say that she's not authorized to get it.

She told them he was dead and that we needed it to apply for Italian citizenship. The person said to send in a notarized letter stating that fact along with a copy of the request from the Italian Government stating that we need the document. My mother told her the only thing we would have to that effect is the instructions to apply for citizenship on this website.

Is there a place I can get the relevant Italian law to send to these people? Is there a better way to approach this? We do have his death certificate and I've seen others on here have success with that in other states.

Thanks a lot!
jszmajda

Re: Birth Certificate for Deceased Relative (Baltimore, MD)

Postby Tiffany » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:20 pm

Have you tried contacting them by letter with a copy of the death certificate attached?
Tiffany

Postby jszmajda » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:45 pm

Not yet, I think that was our next step.
jszmajda

Postby vfcantore » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:34 pm

hi, any update on this topic?? I am in the same situation. I did find this link:

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/comarhtml/10/10.03.01.08.htm
vfcantore

Postby vfcantore » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Update:

Here's the email I received from the division of vital records. hopefully it can help someone else out!

"In order to obtain the birth certificate of your father you will need to provide a letter from the consulate stating they are requesting this document along with a copy of the death certificate and a notarized letter from you stating who you are and why you are requesting the document. There is a $12.00 fee for all certificates ordered. You will need to simply download the birth application from the website at www.vsa.state.md.us and mail to the address listed on the application. "
vfcantore

Return to Documents