grandmother's birth certificate

Gather certified copies and apostilles.

Moderator: Daniel

grandmother's birth certificate

Postby arg1 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:29 pm

Hello,
I requested by grandmother's birth certificate from Italy through ICGS in July. I know that it can take a while to find and ship the certificates, but I was wondering if anyone else has used ICGS to obtain certificates. If the document can't be found, will the company inform you?

Thanks,
Marisa
arg1

Postby Em » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:17 pm

I obtained my grandfather's birth certificate through ICGS, and it was a bit more than two months before I received them.

If you submitted your request in July, it seems you should have heard by now. However, keep in mind that the company changed hands just about the time you made your request, and that may have slowed things down a bit.

Have you tried contacting them by e-mail?
Em

Postby arg1 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:21 am

Hi Em,

I've contacted them twice by e-mail. The last time was in late October, they told me that they would try to contact the comune in mid-November. If the birth certificate can't be found, that's one thing; I'd just like to know. It's also the last document that I need, though there's no hurry. I've been thinking of trying to contact the comune directly, but don't know how much time to give this. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Marisa
arg1

Postby Em » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:56 am

Why not try sending another e-mail. It may be a good idea to ask specifically for a time frame and also to request immediate notification if the document cannot be found.

Unfortunately, these things sometimes work slowly, both on this side and on the other side of the Atlantic; and some communes are less efficient than others.

I hope things work out for both of you.
Em

Postby arg1 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:43 pm

Thanks to you both. I think I will send another e-mail. For some reason I was debating about sending another. I'm trying to stay patient, but it's getting difficult :) . Hope that marriage certificate from Messina comes too.

Marisa
arg1

Return to Documents