Los Angeles Consulate

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Los Angeles Consulate

Postby lilpokey » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:55 am

Hello,

I've been trying to reach the Los Angeles consulate for 3 weeks now. I've emailed twice and called 3 times. I don't want to aggravate anyone with my persistence. I was given a Sept. '07 appt. by Raffaella (who was very nice) and told to call first of the year to get the day and time.

Last year, when I called someone answered. This year all I get is a recording to leave a message.

Anyone have any info on the L.A. consulate and what may be happening there?

Thanks,
Lynn
lilpokey

Postby Tiffany » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:03 pm

This sounds like most consulates in the US. The only way you can get through to the citizenship office at my consulate (the SF consulate) is through fax, as they list FAX ONLY on the website. There used to also be a number, but it was never answered and always forwarded to a voicemail that asked you to leave a message, then said it was full.

Leave a message if you can. Try faxing if you have the number. Or else just go there. They usually have a harder time ignoring you when you are standing in front of them.
Tiffany

Los Angeles Consulate

Postby lilpokey » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:08 pm

Thanks Tiffany, I'll give it a try on their Fax #.
lilpokey

Postby teggiano77 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:23 pm

Dear Lynn,

Have you had any success contacting them?
I have my appointment in June 07 and am waiting to hear of the date and time!!

Lindsay
teggiano77

Los Angeles Consulate Appointment

Postby lilpokey » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:38 pm

Hello Lindsay,

I faxed a request to the L.A. consulate 2 days ago to get the day and time for my Sept. appt., and haven't heard back from them yet. I've also emailed them, and left several voice messages on the phone...

Are you waiting for them to contact you with the day and time or have you made any attempts to contact them?

Last year, when I first set up the appt., I got through on the phone to a "real live" person. This year, all I'm getting is a message to leave a message...

Lynn
lilpokey

Postby teggiano77 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:33 pm

Dear Lynn,

I was told my appointment would be in June, 2007 when I spoke with her in January, 2006. I have tried to email with no success!!
teggiano77

Postby steviepunx » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:35 pm

You're correct. This year, they aren't picking up the phone. I'm having the same problem...time to just go there!!
steviepunx

Return to Embassies and Consulates