Any luck yet at the LA consulate??

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Any luck yet at the LA consulate??

Postby teggiano77 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:56 pm

I know that some of you have been having difficulty getting a hold of the citizenship officer at the Los Angeles consulate with your appointment date and time, as many of us were just informed of the month and year! I have tried numerous email, even writing in Italian, and nothing. My appointment is supposed to be in June of this year, but no word yet. If I don't get a phone call, email, or correspondence via mail as June gets closer, I think I will just go and turn in the documents.

Has anyone had success in hearing from them lately?
teggiano77

Los Angeles Consulate

Postby lilpokey » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:00 pm

Hello,
I still have had no response from them...
I emailed twice, faxed, left 3 messages on their phone (can't reach a "real" person anymore)...
It's really disappointing...last year a receptionist answered each time I called.
Don't know what else to do other than to make a trip there, which I don't really want to do yet.
Maybe Rafaella is on vacation....

Please let me know when you make contact and I'll do the same.
Thanks,

Lynn
lilpokey

Postby teggiano77 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:37 pm

Will do Lynn. Thanks for the update!!
teggiano77

Postby teggiano77 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:37 pm

Will do Lynn. Thanks for the update!!
teggiano77

Re: Los Angeles Consulate

Postby rtdavide » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:28 pm

lilpokey wrote:Hello,
I still have had no response from them...
I emailed twice, faxed, left 3 messages on their phone (can't reach a "real" person anymore)...
It's really disappointing...last year a receptionist answered each time I called.
Don't know what else to do other than to make a trip there, which I don't really want to do yet.
Maybe Rafaella is on vacation....

Please let me know when you make contact and I'll do the same.
Thanks,

Lynn

I have gone to the consulate in person several times. they are open for walk-in appointments from 9-12 weekdays. I had been expecting a difficult time based on some comments I had heard, but they are very friendly in person.

Last time I was there, a young woman named Monica Pescatori helped me. She said Raffaella is out for a few months.
Trying to get ahold of them by phone is difficult and the first time I was there, Raffaella told me that sending an e-mail is useless. she said try the phone in the afternoons, but don't expect to get through very often.

I just decided to drive over if I need anything. It's kind of a pain, but at least you get the immediate questions answered. And you get to make your name and face known to them personally.

I need to go there again, with a list of discrepancies I found. They suggest making a list and presenting it to them. I'll find out if they want them changed.

the LA jurisdiction is pretty big. If you live in New Mexico, driving there to ask a few questions is not feasible. But if you live in the LA area, I'd suggest going there in person.
rtdavide

L.A. Consulate

Postby lilpokey » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:36 pm

Thanks for writing! Well that is good news! I can't get away from work to go there yet, but I'll continue gathering papers (only need one more authenticated, and then I'll start getting them translated. I'm going to try to go in in the next month. I'll feel much better about things once I have the appointment date and time set.

I wonder if ICGS has caught up with their translating orders yet?

Thanks again,
Lynn
lilpokey

Postby sugo » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:32 am

They should catch up sometime around 2010.
sugo

Re: L.A. Consulate

Postby rtdavide » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:04 pm

lilpokey wrote:Thanks for writing! Well that is good news! I can't get away from work to go there yet, but I'll continue gathering papers (only need one more authenticated, and then I'll start getting them translated. I'm going to try to go in in the next month. I'll feel much better about things once I have the appointment date and time set.

I wonder if ICGS has caught up with their translating orders yet?

Thanks again,
Lynn

For what it's worth, LA does have a list of translators that they ask you to use. I don't know how strict they are, but I was told they don't want to have to check anything, so they want the translations certified. I don't know what happens if you go outside of that list or use ICGS.

dave
rtdavide

L.A. Consulate

Postby lilpokey » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:55 pm

Dave,
Thanks for the input. I think I should probably use consulate translators. I only hope they aren't too backed up. I want to make sure everything is done correctly the first time.

Thanks again,
Lynn
lilpokey

Postby teggiano77 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:51 pm

Dear Dave,

Were you able to get your appointment date and time by going to the LA consulate in person? Mine is set for sometime in June but getting the specific date and time has been fruitless.
teggiano77

List of translators

Postby apls » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:17 pm

Dave or Lynn-
I have attempted contacting the LA Consulate for a list of approved translators from them with no response. Do either of you have any contact information regarding approved translators?
Thanks!
apls

List of translators

Postby lilpokey » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:08 pm

Apls,

Hi, It's on their web site but a bit tricky to find. Here is the link to get to it...

http://www.conslosangeles.esteri.it/Con ... ssistenza/

Then click on Translators known to the consulate - this will download a file to your computer with the list.

Hope this helps.

lilpokey
(Lynn)
lilpokey

Postby apls » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:47 pm

Lynn,
Thanks for the link. That was a big help.
apls

Return to Embassies and Consulates