Huge wait for SF and LA consulate

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Postby caputo » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:43 am

Tiffany wrote:Did anyone happen to catch a last name for Maurizio? Caputo, could you give me the names of the two Italian lawyers he recommended?

Michelle and Caputo - when did you send in your requests? Any details you can give me will help.

hello,

I first faxed the SF Consulate about fiive weeks ago. After hearing nothing, I sent a second fax. After the second fax I received the call from Maurizio. I have his last name in my office and am writing from home so I do not have his surname here. I will post it at the beginning of the week. The one good thing I can say about Maurizio, is he seemed kind and was trying to help. The same would be true for the attorneys. The attorneys have now sent me their web address, but frankly I can't spend the kind of money they are asking.

I have been working in Italy the past four summers and will be going there again in May. Is there anything I could do in Italy?
caputo

Postby Tiffany » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:06 am

Can you post the information here or email me if you don't feel comfortable giving it out online? My email address should be available in my profile I plan on making a trip in person to the SF consulate and I want as much information as possible.
Tiffany

Name and Info on Attorneys

Postby lilpokey » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:37 am

Hello,

Could you please post the name, phone # and web address of the attorneys?

Thank you so much.

Lynn

caputo wrote:
Tiffany wrote: The attorneys have now sent me their web address, but frankly I can't spend the kind of money they are asking.

I have been working in Italy the past four summers and will be going there again in May. Is there anything I could do in Italy?
lilpokey

Postby marciatrouton » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:57 pm

I live in San Francisco and my daughter goes to school across the street, I will go in person next week and see what happens. When I went in last time to ask about something a young man didn't catch his name waited on me and the last thing he said oh don't forget you need an appointment for citizenship- he didn't say anyting about a wait. If you prepared all the documents yourself why would you need a lawyer? Marcia
marciatrouton

Postby Tiffany » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:30 pm

I don't even think a lawyer can apply for you. Thanks Marcia! I want to make a trip up there to see what they say about the wait time for an appointment too, but next week is going to be very busy for me at work. Maybe I won't have to go if you can get an answer.
Tiffany

Postby marciatrouton » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:14 pm

I may be able to go tomorrow but most likely I will go on Friday as you know they are only opened from 9 to 12. I will go in person this week for sure. Marcia
marciatrouton

Postby yjg » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:36 pm

Marcia and Tiffany--we (those of us in SF jurisdiction) are all waiting with bated breath to see what you find out! Best of luck and thank you for doing all the footwork on this issue.
yjg

Postby Tiffany » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:38 pm

They do not have a working site yet (I found it, it is under construction), but their names are Giulio Palma and John Adamo. Coincidentally enough, on the thread I opened to keep people updated on this, I wrote that I talked to someone from the Vice Consulate in San Jose yesterday. That was exactly what she recommended - that if I was going to use a lawyer, just go find one in Italy!

http://www.italylink.com/phpboard/viewtopic.php?t=1212
Tiffany

Postby arg1 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:04 pm

Tiffany,
I'd also like to thank you for pursuing this. I've been away from the forum for about a month and was shocked when I read about this craziness at the Consulate. I've been tryng since December (and quite unsuccessfully) to get an appointment to present my application. Maybe it's related to this extended wait. It sounds ridiculous that representatives of a sovereign government would encourage those seeking to have their citizenship recognized to not go through them. Sounds strange. Out of curiousity though, does anyone know how to contact a lawyer in Italy? I'd assume it would probably be someone specializing in immigration law.

Thanks for all of your hard work, Tiffany.
-Marisa
arg1

Postby Tiffany » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:24 pm

I am not quite sure. She asked me if I still had contacts in Italy (which I do). I guess she expected that I'd be able to find someone through my family there. I guess if I was going to do a google search though, I'd input something like "avvocato di cittadinanza"
Tiffany

Previous

Return to Embassies and Consulates