any experience presenting documents in Italy

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

any experience presenting documents in Italy

Postby teggiano1977 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:46 pm

Just curious if anyone has been successful at skipping the process at the consulates here and going straight to their ancestors comune in Italy to submit documents. I realize that one must obtain a permesso di soggiorno then residency and then can leave their documents at the comune. Just wondering if anyone has accomplished this and approximately how long it took.

Any experiences would be greatly welcomed. Please email me at teggiano77@aol.com
teggiano1977

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:48 am

i'm trying to figure out the same thing. i'm in Florence on a Permesso di sogiorno but don't have residency. my commune though of my ancestors is Chieti. so do I have to get residency here in Florence and then go to chieti?

any advice would be appreciated!

Postby teggiano1977 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:58 pm

I believe you need to get residency in Florence because that is where you are living. Supposedly, the police come out to your residence and check to make sure you live there. Then you could submit your documents for citizenship anywhere in Italy.
teggiano1977

Postby laura » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:44 pm

I am currently in Italy and am in the process of applying for citizenship in Prato, near Florence. One of the first things I had to do was get residency here. You have to be a resident in the place where you apply, but you don't have to apply in the commune of your ancestors-you can apply anywhere in Italy as long as you are a resident in that city.

hope that helps.
laura

residency in Italy

Postby Anonymous » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:23 am

Laura,
Is is difficult to get residency in Italy?
What are the kinds of papers needed?

My husband is half Greek so we have been trying in Greece for residence and citizenship but are thinking to switch to Italy...

Thanks!
Cara
Anonymous

Return to Embassies and Consulates