Success in Boston II

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Success in Boston II

Postby thomper18 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:20 am

Good morning folks, good to see the website up and running.
My daughter and I went to the Boston Consolate the Wed. before Christmas and applied for our passports. We got to the Consulate around 9am. on a cold sunny day in Boston. We met a great Italian family on the elevator on the way up to the seventeenth floor who were re applying for their passports. It was so cool when we walked in to the reception area and told the secretary what we were there for, to apply for passports, when she brought our names up on her computer as Italian citizens! We met a great guy named Orlando who helped my daughter apply for the passport. It went smoothly, she paid 130.00 cash,got some some change back for her piggy bank(as suggested by Orlando) and we were on our way. It was great
total time at the consulate maybe an hour. The only disappointment, Sr. Corroa was not wearing his standard issue blue sweater, he had on a gray one! Anyways the whole process was very much worth it. It was not that expensive,it was educational as far as learning family history and my daughter can travel back to England to see her friends.
thomper18

Re: Success in Boston II

Postby jlg » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:58 am

Congratulations! It is so heartening to see the process complete. That certainly was a fine Christmas present.

thomper18 wrote:The only disappointment, Sr. Corroa was not wearing his standard issue blue sweater, he had on a gray one!

:D I am holding out hope this was only some sort of 'seasonal plumage' as opposed to any other changes in the Boston process. :D

In any event, from submitting at the end of may/jun and getting the call around Thanksgiving to passport in hand by Christmas. I am thrilled for you both.

-JLG
jlg

Postby thomper18 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:37 pm

Hey, thanks for that kind response,hang in there its really worth it. As to Sr. Corrao's
"holiday plummage" my daughter was concerned that I even noticed what he was wearing that day. She said I should get a life. 8)
thomper18

Postby Esatto » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:51 pm

A U G U R I !! I am in the wait at the SF consul since 2006!!! - glad you had such quick turnaround!!!
Esatto

Postby Larry » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:00 pm

That is great news!! What was the time from handing in your application to passport in hand?
Larry

Postby thomper18 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:53 am

Hey Larry, sorry I am so late getting back to you. My daughter and I applied formally at the consulate around the middle of May. So it took about six months before we got the word from Sr. Corroa. Good luck with your process
thomper18

Postby Larry » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Thanks! I am still waiting for him to give me the good news. He is moving real slowly now...
Larry

Postby sma_15 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:38 pm

Yes, very slowly now. He told me something needed to be updated but It seems finding my file is taking about two weeks. Not sure if this is normal or if he is just overwhelmed by people trying to apply.
sma_15

Postby Larry » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:46 pm

I should call, but I feel bad bothering him... :?

I wish my comune would respond back to me. I wrote to them twice to see if they recorded my information.
Larry

Postby LookingEast » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:48 am

I believe he's taking care of you, Larry.

I felt the same way about calling Sig. Corrao after my meeting with him on Dec. 16 2008. I have not actually called him since then. I sent an email to the comune's stato civile registrar, asking if the application has been received. I did not get a response, though I know she checks email because I've communicated with her in the past.

About two weeks later, I learned through the comune's website that I have been registered. ( I applied daily for a user profile to access the city's on-line services. Only persons registered in the city's stato civile can create a profile. After many days of denials, I was finally approved and my biographical information appeared on the web page.)

Overall, it was a 41 day turnover between application at the consulate, and registration at the comune. So, I think it is fair to give Sig. Corrao a call if you don't know anything after ten weeks.
LookingEast

Postby Larry » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:20 am

I believe he is too. My guess is it is the comune that is dragging its heals. I applied 3 months and 1 week ago, so I can not imagine they do not have my paper work. I even sent them a paid return envelope with my letter (which I know they received). It would just be nice to get a reply, that's all. Even if it is a simple "we received your request and are processing it". Oh well. Patients is a virtue, right?

Congratulations again. That is great news for you! :D
Larry

Return to Embassies and Consulates