Making LA Consulate Appointment

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Making LA Consulate Appointment

Postby yjg » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:13 am

Does anyone know anything about making an appointment with the LA Consulate? The phone is just pretty much a runaround with the voice mail for the citizenship department stating don't leave a message because we won't call you back. Can my son go in, in person, to make an appointment with the citizenship department? Can it be done by e-mail? Thanks for the help!
yjg

Re: Making LA Consulate Appointment

Postby zagnut » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:00 am

We sent a letter demanding recognition of Italian citizenship. They sent a letter with application and appointment date.
zagnut

Postby apls » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:11 pm

Their website indicates they are in the process of implementing a new system for booking citizenship appointments this month. They recommend checking back with the website for further information.

http://www.conslosangeles.esteri.it/Con ... tadinanza/
apls

Postby jcat » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:55 pm

I'm guessing the new system may be the same system I used for my appointment in Miami. It is a pay service @ $2.49 per minute and I was on the phone with the gentleman taking my info for about 5 or 6 minutes. Miami uses abtran which makes all of their phone appointments. Also, I would go to the office if possible as Miami also takes walk in appointments for dual citizenship. there is no harm in trying to set an appointment by going there only I don't know what the L.A. Consulates rules are.
jcat

Postby yjg » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:35 pm

I know LA does not take walk-in appointments. I don't know if you could walk in and MAKE an appointment but my son's work schedule makes it a little hard to do that. Do you know if they answer about appointments via e-mail? It just doesn't seem that it should be this hard to make an appointment!!
yjg

Postby Tiffany » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:07 am

I would try email. It can't hurt!!
Tiffany

Return to Embassies and Consulates