LA Requirements

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

LA Requirements

Postby yjg » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:57 am

My application was done through the SF Consulate and I am awaiting my letter of recognition. My son and sister will be applying at the LA Consulate after my citizenship is recognized. Does anyone have any idea what is required for them besides the letter from the SF Consulate that our family line has been recognized for citizenship? I'm not sure they will answer an e-mail as they never had before so thought I would see if anyone has gone through this. Thanks.
yjg

Re: LA Requirements

Postby zagnut » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:30 am

Though it's difficult to contact them, the only way to know exactly what they'll require is to ask them directly. We can guess they may take a copy of your letter of recognition or your certificate of citizenship from the comune along with your son's/sister's birth certificates and applications, but it's only a guess.
zagnut

Postby yjg » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:33 am

Grazie zagnut. I will still attempt to contact them but I'm not that hopeful! I will be going with them to their appointment (well at least I will be in the waiting room) so hopefully if they need any questions answered I can answer them (I did ALL the work for this application so I am kind of the only one who knows what is going on!).
yjg

Postby mindyanne » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:36 pm

I'm in the same boat! My parents and siblings have applied for citizenship at the San Francisco Consulate, but I live in the LA area, so I have to go through the LA consulate. If you end up having your appointment before me, would you please let me know what your experience is with this. What documents are actually required and anything else that I should be aware of? Thanks!
mindyanne

I got a reply!

Postby mindyanne » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:08 pm

Well, I'm shocked because I actually got a reply back about what the requirements are in this case!

Monica Pescatori wrote me that, if my father already obtained his citizenship papers in San Francisco, then I would need a copy of his citizenship papers and my birth certificate and marriage certificate with Apostille and translation into Italian to bring to my appointment at the LA consulate.
mindyanne

Postby yjg » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Wow, glad to see you got a reply. That helps me out too. Thanks for posting. I will pass this on to my son and sister.
yjg

Return to Embassies and Consulates