Applying in Italy for citizenship by descent

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Re: Applying in Italy for citizenship by descent

Postby Esatto » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:01 pm

"In other words, you're not interested in the facts- preferring to repeat only your single case, which you mind-bogglingly presume must represent all the thousands of comuni in Italy."

You are twisting words again so no use discussing

"As for the previous thread, if you're not Someday, you're both coincidentally involved with Karen's case, and you've cited several of her misrepresentations regarding applying in Italy almost word for word. You both share an odd desire to dissuade others from gathering info on applying in Italy. Let's say you're kindred spirits." Zagnut

This all seems a bit desperate to prove a point! I contacted Karen in November for her report. My previous post mentioned to apply in Italy suggested that it would be an adventure and that for me personally I wouldn't. You have your opinion I have mine.

"I say let people gather the info and decide on their own, without trying to sway them based on one case"Zagnut

Your best point made to date and they should also know both about the easy and the difficult cases to make that decision. Esatto
Esatto

Postby AnotherCitizenToBe » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:22 am

zagnut wrote:Again, see my post above: "happyinrome, who arrived in Rome 14 Jan 08 and received citizenship 7 Apr 08. Believe he's now working in a bank in Milano."

Bill2, out of no doubt thousands of cases, no one - including you - is able to cite more than a small handful, the results of which can honestly say have been mixed.

Esatto, it is useless. In the world of Bill2/zagnut, only he is permitted to have opinions. Everyone else is relegated to facts (but only those facts which he deems fit for publication).
AnotherCitizenToBe

Postby zagnut » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:44 am

Your best point made to date and they should also know both about the easy and the difficult cases to make that decision

Agreed, so we should mention the numerous successful cases, as well as your single 8 month case (which BTW, was successful).

Just as, for applying at the consulate, we should mention the dozens of successful applications taking 2 years or more (including your own at SF), and the several unsuccessful applications. As well as the quick ones. Sound fair?

Both sides of the story. Without bias. Try it sometime.
zagnut

Postby zagnut » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:14 am

BTW, yet another successful application in Italy today- Ginger06 applied in October 08 and last week received approval.

Awaiting the chorus of naysayers, that case doesn't count, it took too long, etc, etc, etc :wink:
zagnut

Postby AnotherCitizenToBe » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:19 am

zagnut wrote:Awaiting the chorus of naysayers, that case doesn't count, it took too long, etc, etc, etc :wink:

No, Bill2/zagnut, it is you who are the naysayer, always insisting that only the cases which matter are the ones you have cited and pooh-poohing those cited by others. You do it on this board, on expatsinitaly board, and no doubt on countless other boards.
AnotherCitizenToBe

Postby penguindump » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:25 am

This is ridiculous. Threads completely fail after all of this ignorance.
penguindump

Postby zagnut » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:24 pm

Agreed, penguindump. It's evident the original poster's question about applying in Italy has long been forgotten.

Instead you have a poster who repeatedly calls for even one recent case of a successful application in Italy- but after being given three recent successful cases, simply continues bickering.

Hopefully readers interested in the topic will go to http://expattalk.com/eve themselves and read the threads of successful applicants. As with Someday's previous thread, it's evidently a hot button issue for some people here who cannot bear to read about successful applications in Italy.
zagnut

Postby Tiffany » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Guys, the personal stuff has no place here. Everyone has given their opinion. Let it rest now. If you don't have something to say about applying in Italy that hasn't already been said, then it doesn't belong here.
Tiffany

Previous

Return to Embassies and Consulates