New Info On SF Processing Times?

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Re: New Info On SF Processing Times?

Postby crunchy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:41 pm

crunchy wrote :

> Does this really mean she won't reply?

Good news. She replied.
crunchy

Postby scherzbit » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:47 pm

A quick update: I was told it would be 7 months. It's coming up on 8 and no word, but as many of you know, getting information on such things is excruciatingly difficult, so I guess I'll just have to hunker down and adopt a 'soon come' attitude.

BTW, haven't been here in awhile, but I laughed heartily about the **** blocker *ing embassy and documents. The **** effect is rather ****. I assume the moderator is assiduous enough to assess that this assemblage of words doesn't assist us in asserting our association with Italy.

I'll stop now, I don't want to look like a **** ****.
scherzbit

Postby zap » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Just FYI, the USCIS does NOT issue certified copies of naturalization certificates. According to a letter I received from them after discussing this with a representative:

"This is in response to your request for a certified copy of a relative's naturalization certificate for the purpose of dual Italian Citizenship. The National Records Center can only provide an information copy of a naturalization record. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) does not certify records for dual citizenship.

The Italian Embassy in Washington, DC, states applicants for dual citizenship are not require to provide certified copies of naturalization certificates obtained from USCIS. Rather, they must present the naturalization certificate copy along with our USCIS Cover letter and envelope."

The letter is signed by the Director of the NRC, USCIS.

So you do NOT need a certified copy of the naturalization certificate, because they don't certify them. I was advised NOT to open the envelope I received from the USCIS, and to present the sealed envelope contain the records directly to the Italian consular official that is taking your application for citizenship. We'll see how this goes. My appointment is in February 2011.

ntwrkwizard wrote :
> I know we all paid attention to details of our documents and collection,
> but I would encourage all who are applying and are disgruntled by dates in
> 2011 to really take the time and make sure you have everything in order and
> don't leave anything out and if you are missing documents to take the time
> to get the official or certified copies of naturalization, vital stats
> records, translations and certification of "no records" all lined
> up with your discrepancy list.
>
> HTH,
>
> MC
zap

Postby lou07 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:53 pm

I had an appointment in November 2010, with Sig. Alessio Cei. He told me that I should get the notification 2 weeks to 2 months from the appointment. Still waiting. He became full time with the Consulate on Dec 1, 2010. He said things should speed up from there.
lou07

Postby scherzbit » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:38 pm

When the 7 month time frame I was quoted in Jan 2010 was up, I emailed the consulate. The reply I received said processing time was now 10 months, although it wasn't clear whether that was ten months from my appointment or from the email date. It's 10 months+ now and still nothing.

Edit: Received confirmation first week of February. It said my application was processed and approved on 1/25/2011, so roughly a year since I put in the application.
scherzbit

Postby CappuccinoBound » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:08 pm

Apparently, the system has changed again. Knowing that my appointment was set for 13 months after I made the request by email, my sister sent an email request in February for an appointment long before she started collecting documents. She got the following response from Ms. Stone's replacement:

--------------
Unfortunately, the citizenship department is unable to schedule appointments at this time. If you have your documents and application, please e-mail the servizi.sanfrancisco@esteri.it address with the required information for scheduling an appointment (from our homepage, click on Consular Services, then on Citizenship, then How to Schedule an Appointment). You will be contacted in March to schedule an appointment.
Distinti Saluti,
Alessio Cei
--------------

So it looks like they are only setting up appointments for people who already have their paperwork. But I have no idea how long the wait is for those appointments.
CappuccinoBound

Previous

Return to Embassies and Consulates