SF Update...Sort Of

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

SF Update...Sort Of

Postby ivaniannoli » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:47 pm

I just received word from Anna Maria Stone from the SF Consulate regarding processing times. She mentioned two things:

1. She does not respond to direct requests for individual application updates. She's asked that I spread the word, so that she can perhaps get less emails/requests asking for that information (and presumably giving her that much more time to follow-up on legitimate requests and to focus on getting applications processed). So let's all save her the emails if at all possible.

2. With that, she has said that processing time is down to 2 years for those who applied at the end of 2007. This would seem to mean that those of you who applied at around the end of '07 should be receiving word shortly. Perhaps those of us who applied after that can just add two years to our application processing, which is down from the 3 years they were telling us last year. Hopefully, they'll move faster than that as they move forward, so the more recently you applied, the lesser the wait time, but that's purely wishful thinking on my part.

But we can dream, right?

Best of luck to all.

Ivan
ivaniannoli

Re: SF Update...Sort Of

Postby marciatrouton » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:49 pm

Ivannoli, Anna Maria has successfully gotten through those of us who applied in 2007, through December. In fact they are moving quite fast- so 2008 people should be hearing sooner than later- especially since a number of those applicants received their letter within days of applying. What they have done is stretched out the appointment times for new applicants which I think is now up to 2011- this way they can keep up with the current load. When was your appointment? Marcia
marciatrouton

Postby jamato » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:00 pm

It would be so nice to get my approval before my birthday! I applied in Feb. 2008 and my birthday is in March-- maybe I'll get a cake with an Italian flag on it!
jamato

Postby ivaniannoli » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:46 am

There were quite a few of us from my family applying (9 in all), so we had several appointments within a few weeks of each other, but our last appointment was in August of 2008. We had to then get some documents from Rhode Island amended which didn't get re-submtted until January of this year. I'm not sure if our application goes into the August or January pile, but I will surely update as soon as we hear anything.

Let's hope that's pretty soon.
ivaniannoli

Postby jamato » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:07 am

I wanted to give an update on my citizenship status-- I just received my letter from the Consulate on Thursday! My appointment was in Feb. 2008 so it looks like they are rockin' and rollin' through the 2008 applications!

Thanks for all your help folks! Jamato
jamato

Postby lobezno » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:12 pm

congrats!
lobezno

Postby ivaniannoli » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:38 am

Thanks for the update! Keep 'em coming.
ivaniannoli

Postby kittykat » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:53 pm

I submitted all my paperwork the end of February 2008. At that time, Anna Maria indicated that it would be a 2-3 year wait. Just returned from a month's vacation to the east coast and my recognition letter was waiting for me upon my return. Hooray!!!

Now I just have to figure out how to download a copy of the passport application in English!
kittykat

Return to Embassies and Consulates