Immigration office in Italy

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Immigration office in Italy

Postby Bonita » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:50 pm

Can someone post the immigration office in Italy? or whatever entity will give me information on how to obtain citizenship and/or residency?

I googled it but i am having a hard time finding the official one as bunch of third party websites show up.

thank you
Bonita

Re: Immigration office in Italy

Postby tonyric » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:59 pm

Check with the Italian consulate in your local area....
tonyric

Postby Bonita » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:54 pm

I did and that is why i am asking here cause it wasn't successful
Bonita

Postby tonyric » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:57 pm

[quote="Bonita"]I did and that is why i am asking here cause it wasn't successful[/quote]

You asked them what it takes to get an entry visa to be able to live and work in Italy and they ignored you? I find that hard to believe.
tonyric

Postby Bonita » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:57 pm

Tony, if you do not know the answer please do not answer, I don't need to hear common sense things and your assumptions are really out of place.

I asked something really simple, if you know the website then post it , if not, then don't. Don't waste my time like this please. I am serious and not playing.
Bonita

Postby Bonita » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:00 pm

Tony, when did i say that i asked for a visa? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????? NEVER MIND OK?

Please, if someone knows the website for the Italian immigration office, let me know, i need the OFFICIAL website.

thanks
Bonita

Postby tonyric » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:00 pm

Neither am I.
tonyric

Postby Bonita » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:06 pm

thanks for SCREWING UP MY THREAD TONY, WAY TO GO!
Bonita

Postby Em » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:21 pm

Bonita, I don't know why you are so angry with Tony, who is only trying to help. I think I answered your question on the other thread you started. Immigration is a big issue in Italy. Like in the U.S. you can't simply walk into an immigration office and say you want to become a citizen. First you have to be in the country legally. Currently, you need to reside in Italy for ten years before you can naturalize, but I think you are talking about jure sanguinis citizenship, which is something quite different.

Jure sanguinis citizenship is not naturalization. It is simply proving that you inherited citizenship through an Italian line. You can prove this at an Italian consulate or at a comune in Italy. The rule, however, is that you can only apply where you reside. If you reside in New York, you apply at the NY consulate; if you reside in Palermo, you apply in Palermo. Applying in Italy is not necessarily easier than applying at the consulates. Some comune are cognizant of jure sanguinis citizenship laws, but others know little about it. The requirements at the various comune are a bit different too. For example, I believe naturalization documents need apostilles, which is not a requirement in the U.S.

But since the rule is that you can only apply where you reside, you will need a residency visa if you plan to reside and apply in Italy. On the other thread, I give an address that will take you to the visa section of the NY Consulate's website. You will see that there are several ways to obtain a visa. So check it out, and see if one applies to you.

I also repectfully ask that you be less impatient if you don't immediately get an answer you like. Tony has been so helpful to so many people, and he's been trying to help you too. I think you've not understood each other very well.
Em

Postby zagnut » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:45 pm

"But since the rule is that you can only apply where you reside, you will need a residency visa if you plan to reside and apply in Italy."

No, as a US citizen, you can enter Italy without a visa for 90 days. Using Circolare 32/2007 ( http://www.meltingpot.org/articolo10730.html ) , you can apply for residenza anagrafica at the comune without a permesso di soggiorno, with your US passport stamped with entry date.

I'd go to the Citizenship forum at Expats in Italy. There are 10 people or so who have chronicled how they applied for recognition of jure sanguinis citizenship in Italy.
Last edited by zagnut on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zagnut

Postby Bonita » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:16 am

Thank you zagnut and Em.

Em i do not mean to be impatient or anything but i did not get answers from tony only thinks like "google it" or "no, you can not" and specially he said something like "you refuse to provide information" and assume things like ""so you applied for a visa and the consulate said they won't give you information? i doubt that", etc so then I quickly realized the way he is lying in order to discredit me so i prefer to stay away. Maybe he was helpful with you and others but not to me and the fact that he was helpful with others is irrelevant in my book, when someone start putting words in my mouth like that and started saying things i didn't say such as "you refused to provide info" or "you asked for visa and they denied it" (I truly don't know where he got that from) tells me a lot of this person's attitude.

Again, some people are not nice to all people and i don't expect to get along with everyone in this world but at least i like to be respected. When i ask for a website, that is all i ask, i don't need anyone to come up with "google" "what do you mean? ALL TOWNS do the same, etc" because i feel obligated to give my personal information or go into details when it isn't necessary, i highly dislike when people make assumptions of a situation they don't know. To provide a website, you don't need to know my life, just provide the official website and that is it, if you don't know it then fine. I had the impression he felt obligated to answer so he gave whatever answer but quantity does not equal quality. All i asked was the official website, my personal life is irrelevant as the Italian official website won't change based on my life.

I am sorry if that created a problem for you but thank you for your help actually you gave me important information.
Bonita

Postby Bonita » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:31 am

Em, MY ORIGINAL QUESTION IS THE FOLLOWING

Can someone post the immigration office in Italy?

I googled it but i am having a hard time finding the official one as bunch of third party websites show up

I NEED THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE, THAT IS ALL I ASK. I AM NOT ASKING FOR ANYTHING ELSE.
Bonita

Postby tonyric » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:10 am

WOW, all I can say to this is: has someone gone off their meds? WOW!!!
Last edited by tonyric on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
tonyric

Postby LookingEast » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:11 am

Hello Bonita.

Maybe you seek this website:

http://www.interno.it/mininterno/export/sites/default/it/sezioni/ministero/dipartimenti/dip_immigrazione/index.html

English:

http://www.interno.it/mininterno/export/sites/default/it/sezioni/ministero/dipartimenti/dip_immigrazione/English_version.html

Also this website:

http://www.portaleimmigrazione.it/ImmigrazioneNET/default.aspx

English:

http://www.portaleimmigrazione.it/ImmigrazioneNET/default_en.aspx
LookingEast

Postby Bonita » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:53 am

thank you looking east, that is what i was looking for, they are not showing up on my search and i don't know why, maybe they are being blocked by my IP (internet provider) ?? and/or my IP is giving priority to USA based websites? i have to call my IP for that, in the mean time you save me, thank you very much for pasting those links.

bye
Bonita

Return to Embassies and Consulates