Recommendation for Translation - NYC Consulate?

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Recommendation for Translation - NYC Consulate?

Postby nicolecgiovanni1 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi, I am wondering if there is anyone who can recommend a translator that they have used for the NYC Consulate with success that costs $50 or less per translation. Thank you!
nicolecgiovanni1

Re: Recommendation for Translation - NYC Consulate?

Postby Em » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Can you do your own? Translation templates of some NYC and CT documents on posted on www.italiancitizenship.freeforums.org
Em

Postby nicolecgiovanni1 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:21 pm

I wish, but I don't speak Italian well enough yet.
nicolecgiovanni1

Postby Roberto » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:22 pm

The NYC consulate has a list of translators.

http://www.consnewyork.esteri.it/Consolato_NewYork/Menu/I_Servizi/Per_i_cittadini/Servizi+vari/

I am not sure if they will only accept translation from one of them or will accept from others. Their site did note the following
"They must be submitted directly to the Consular Office with jurisdiction over your place of residence with a certified notarized translation, legalized with the Apostille. "

I did use one recently from their approved list. The Italian-American Language Services (Rosaria Tenace). I had a birth certificate translated for $50 but my marriage certificate was translated for $75. I think it depended upon the form and the amount of translation needed. The marraige certificate had a lot more information than the birth certificate.

You might want to get the list from the consulate site and get a bid from someone close to you.

Roberto
Roberto

Return to Embassies and Consulates