Chicago Consulate and Proof of (Italian) Citizenship

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Chicago Consulate and Proof of (Italian) Citizenship

Postby Cuicchi-Pesce » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:15 am

Older posts state that Chicago and Miami were or are the only U.S. Italian Consulates which required the proof of Italian citizenship document from the commune, even if one already has the birth certificates from there. The detailed Chicago Consulate clearly does NOT mention requiring this document on their website. Unfortunately, the Chicago Consulate is so far not responsive to clarify the issue (consistent with experience/complaints of other posters). Does anyone have more recent interview or other Chicago Consulate information which would be helpful? To be safe, should one just get it anyway? Thanks in advance.
Cuicchi-Pesce

Re: Chicago Consulate and Proof of (Italian) Citizenship

Postby azsumrg1rl » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:42 pm

If you don't get an answer here, you may want to try the forums at http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.org. A lot of people migrated over there because this board is susceptible to regular spam attacks. I'd answer if I could, but I don't have any experience with either consulate.
azsumrg1rl

Return to Embassies and Consulates