Passport "Stamp" Expiring soon

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Passport "Stamp" Expiring soon

Postby lilpokey » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:46 pm

Passport "stamp" expiring

When we applied for our passports last year at the Los Angeles Consulate we also paid for a "stamp" that is on our passports. The stamp (which is dated) will expire soon.

Does anyone know how to go about getting a new "stamp"? Is it something that needs to be renewed yearly?
Will the consulate send out a "bill" for the amount?

Please advise.........

It was a long, hard battle to gain our citizenship, I want to make sure to do everything right!

If anyone has done this before or knows how to go about it please post the answer as I am sure I am not the only one wondering how to renew it.

Oh...guess what! We applied for our passports on a Monday and left a Federal Express self -addressed stamped envelope with them. On Tuesday we had the passports! WOW!

Thanks!
Lynn
lilpokey

Re: Passport "Stamp" Expiring soon

Postby Avellinese » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:01 pm

I was looking into this issue this morning, and read that the marca is widely available at tabaccherie in Italy. That made me wonder: I'm going to Italy in January, though my husband is not. Can I buy one of these in his stead? Can I buy as many as I want, and can he then use them as needed? Or are they dated in some way?
Avellinese

Return to Embassies and Consulates