SF Consulate. Am I confirmed?

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

SF Consulate. Am I confirmed?

Postby elle99 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:42 pm

After two weeks from my initial email, I received an appointment time from Ann Marie for October 2011. That's fine. I was expecting that. The email said to reply ASAP to confirm the appointment time. I did so, but have not received word back. Is that it? Am I confirmed? Should I get one more email, saying "Yes. You're scheduled."?

Thanks,
E
elle99

Re: SF Consulate. Am I confirmed?

Postby jamato » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:11 am

I received a response email back from the Consulate, but I also asked them to respond to my confirmation email to confirm my confirmation (try saying that five times fast!).
jamato

Postby elle99 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:37 pm

I asked for a confirmation, of my confirmation, and instead I received an email asking for my phone number which I'd already provided. At this point I just feel embarrassed and stupid. She doesn't want to be bombarded with email, I get that, but at least let me know that my appointment is set. I don't want to wait two years to find out my appointment was never recorded.

Really frustrated today.....
elle99

Postby nfig1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:37 pm

I got a confirmation of my confirmation. Send her another e-mail if you like.
nfig1

Return to Embassies and Consulates