11 Month wait for NYC appointment

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

11 Month wait for NYC appointment

Postby pbuono » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:07 pm

Yesterday I made an appointment for the NY consulate and the earliest appointment was for Oct 4, 2010...nearly 11 months.

So once you've found out that you qualify, the next step should be to make an appointment. it should still give you enough time to compile and double check everything.....WISH ME LUCK
pbuono

Re: 11 Month wait for NYC appointment

Postby idmaclean » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:55 pm

My appointment is in 2 weeks,

my wait was about 11 months.

it goes by pretty fast.
idmaclean

Postby nmecion » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:17 pm

any tips?

i have mine in october too, just trying to figure out exactly what i need and translated and copies of etc.
nmecion

Postby RomaBound » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:27 pm

What is your lineage and what documents have you collected so far?
RomaBound

Postby nmecion » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:33 pm

I am going through Mother - Grandmother - Great Grandfather . I am eligible even with the 1948 law since my mother was born after 1948.

So far I have: my Great Grandfathers birth certificate (from italy)
Great Grandfather naturalization certificate
Grandmothers birth certificate
Grandfather birth certificate
Grandparents marriage certificate
I just sent away for my great grandfathers death certificate. Do I also need my great grandmothers death certificate (his wife?) Now all of the documents in relation to my ancestor must be translated correct? (except the naturalization paper) Do I bring these documents when I go to the consulate, I had read somewhere that they must be sent directly to the consulate, once getting translated. I also must start the apostille process. IT is a long process but in the end, will be so worth it. I am so excited about this and do not want anything to go wrong.

I think they said to bring copies of each document ?? Can this be photocopies??

My mother was divorced, and she remarried, Her first husband is my biological father, however I was legally adopted by my stepfather I know this is a rare case, however I have been unable to get an answer on what "fathers birth certificate" I need to show since legally it is now my stepfather, and I got a new birth certificate which has his name on it.

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences!!!

Nicolette
nmecion

Return to Embassies and Consulates