Siblings 1 in Boston and 1 in Boston. Can we apply together?

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Siblings 1 in Boston and 1 in Boston. Can we apply together?

Postby flyingpond » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:20 pm

My brother and I are preparing our documents to apply for citizenship. I live in Boston and he lives in NY. Do we need to apply separately? Do we need doubles of all the documents? Is there a short cut for one of us if the other is successful. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.
flyingpond

Re: Siblings 1 in Boston and 1 in Boston. Can we apply together?

Postby tonyric » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:57 am

I am not sure if NY will reference your brothers Boston file, but if they do then I would recommend that he go through Boston first. Then it is just one set of documents for him (including proof of lineage) and then yours for you. If you moved to the Boston jurisdiction then you could go in together. Additionally, if your parents are still alive, then you *could*, if you can convince them to do so, have them go through the process then it will make the process easier for both you and your brother.
tonyric

Postby flyingpond » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Do you know how I would find out if NY would reference Boston? Is just as simple as calling NY? I've heard it's hard to get someone on the phone in NYC. I don't know if that is true or not.

Thanks
flyingpond

Postby tonyric » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:32 pm

[quote="flyingpond"]Do you know how I would find out if NY would reference Boston? Is just as simple as calling NY? I've heard it's hard to get someone on the phone in NYC. I don't know if that is true or not.

Thanks[/quote]

I would assume contacting NYC is the best way. How to do it, I don't know as I have heard the same things you have.
tonyric

Return to Embassies and Consulates