Miami Wait Times

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Miami Wait Times

Postby LAD » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi All,

I applied in Miami on the 4th of December and was wondering how long it may take to receive my papers. My mother applied in August and got her certificate in exactly a month. All they have to do with my application is match my birth cert. with my mother and all of the work is done. Has anyone else applied recently that can share how long it took to get their stuff back?? Thanks

Saluti
Alex
LAD

Re: Miami Wait Times

Postby vaguido » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:41 pm

I obtained some information from the Miami consulate yesterday that may shed some light on the matter:

I applied in July 2009, but I have not received a response yet. The seven month wait seemed odd for this consulate, so I wrote an email to Virginia this week. She quickly repsonded by telling me that 2 of the 3 US-based Italian consulates they contacted have not responded to her inquiries (I assume they are validating the local US birth certificates, marriage licenses, death certificates, etc). Based on my family's US migratory pattern, I am relying on the Philadelphia, Detroit, and San Francisco consulates. In conclusion, I do not think all applications are processed and approved/rejected in an exact sequence. Looks like I have many more months of waiting....
vaguido

Postby BiancaMarie » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:32 pm

I applied in Miami on the 4th of December and was wondering how long it may take to receive my papers. My mother applied in August and got her certificate in exactly a month. All they have to do with my application is match my birth cert. with my mother and all of the work is done. Has anyone else applied recently that can share how long it took to get their stuff back?? Thanks

Saluti
Alex

Hi Alex,

I was just wondering, have you received your citizenship yet? I have my appointment in May at the Miami Consulate and was hoping to move back to Europe as soon as possible to start working. Do you know if once you get to the Consulate there is a way to speed up this process? Like if you pay extra money or something?

Thanks,

Bianca
BiancaMarie

Postby LAD » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:24 am

No i havent. My mother called a couple of times and theyre not giving us a straight answer. They told my mother that im in the top 100 a month ago, then she called recently and they said that they are only working on august's right now. My mother said that that couldnt be since she applied in late aug. and received hers in mid sept. and they didnt have an answer for that one. I was sure id have my `papers by now and moved to europe....i advise you wait because it could be fast or take forever, however they feel like doing it....
LAD

Postby softouch115 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:34 am

When I applied, Virginia told me that the first step was to contact all the consulates where my relatives and I lived to be sure that no one had "renounced italian citizenship" and made no mention of validating any documents. I don't think they do that. I'm pretty sure that's what the apostille is for. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
softouch115

Postby BiancaMarie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 am

Certainly still interesting as to why they gave your mom hers in only 1 month. I don't speak fluent Italian so I'd say automatically I'll be put at the bottom of the list! :(
BiancaMarie

Return to Embassies and Consulates