I have my appointment - now what

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

I have my appointment - now what

Postby DelleFave » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:29 pm

I just received an email from the SF Consulate telling me my appointment to apply for citizenship is for September 22 2011. I have not delivered any documentation to them yet.

This may be inane of me, but is this apointment just to deliver my paperwork, and then there's an additional wait? I had thought the documentation was dropped off and then the wait begins. Is it possible that a mere drop-off appointment could be 18 months away? Has anyone else had this experience - thanks!
DelleFave

Re: I have my appointment - now what

Postby Em » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:50 pm

At your appointment, you will present your documents, and the consular official will do a preliminary review. Then you wait again for approval and citizenship recognition. The wait is pretty much standard since there are many many people applying.
Em

Postby CappuccinoBound » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am

Maybe you should count yourself as lucky.

I sent an email on Dec. 14, 2009 requesting an appointment, and was offered an appointment on Jan. 31, 2012. That's 23-1/2 months. So 18 months sounds good.

I'm pretty new to this, and so I don't quite understand how you would have been offered an appointment before me, when you sent your request way after me.

So, I guess you should maybe count your blessings! :?
CappuccinoBound

Postby mitxoleta » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:24 am

In LA, last Feb, I got my appt within a few weeks. Why is SF so backed up?
mitxoleta

Return to Embassies and Consulates