NEW PASSPORT LAW

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

NEW PASSPORT LAW

Postby LAD » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:13 am

I have a question for anyone who may know about passports: with the new passport law, you must go in person to have fingerprints taken to get a new passport. I applied in Miami, but am now in Spain. When i receive my certificato di cittadanza from Miami, i can take it to the consulate in Madrid and ask for my passport right? Will they have to take a million years to confirm with Miami that it is a real certificate of citizenship, or can they go ahead and do it?
Also, does anyone know who has the capability to issue passports in Italy? Is it only in Rome, or could i also go to Napoli because that would probably actually be cheaper than me going up to Madrid....or could they even do it in my comune?

Grazie in anticipo a qualcuno che sappia alcuna cosa
Alex
LAD

Re: NEW PASSPORT LAW

Postby Monica » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:07 am

I know this is late to answer.

Me experience, I could not get my passport at the vice consulate for fingerprinting becaues they simply do not have the equipment so I had to of would of gotten at in LA. I did expedite it so I wouldnt have to make another trip to LA since the law was just short of a week of going into effect.
Monica

Return to Embassies and Consulates