LA Appointment question - do all parties have to go?

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

LA Appointment question - do all parties have to go?

Postby BeachEd » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Hello board - long-time reader yet first-time poster here.

I spent the last year and a half accumulating all the docs/translations/apostilles/etc on behalf of my fiancee's family (and my two children). All in all, we're applying for dual citizenship for 5 people: my fiancee, her two siblings, and my two minor children. Needless to say, my documents checklist is two pages long!

At any rate, here is my question: I'm about to call the 900 number to schedule the appointment, and I was wondering if all parties need to attend the appointment, or if one of the siblings can submit the docs for the other two. I would imagine that the Consulate won't require the children (a 5-year old and 8-month old) to attend, but I'm not sure about the siblings. The biggest reason I ask is that tracking down the siblings simply to get a signature notarized was a huge ordeal, and I'd love to avoid the hassle of herding them to downtown LA.

If anyone has any experience in this area, it would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I didn't get apostilles for the translations because most websites said I wouldn't need to. Has anyone had a problem at the LA Consulate with non-Apostille'd translations?
BeachEd

Re: LA Appointment question - do all parties have to go?

Postby Monica » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:38 pm

You don't need apostilles for translations, only for documents like b.c. m.c. but not naturalizations.
Monica

Re: LA Appointment question - do all parties have to go?

Postby BeachEd » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:37 pm

Ok, thanks for the reply.
BeachEd

Return to Embassies and Consulates