where should I go?

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

where should I go?

Postby pamgam » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:11 am

My family documents are all from MA where I grew up, and VT where I lived as an adult. I went to the Boston Consulate, and although I didn't have all the documents at the time with apostilles etc., they told me what I needed and were very nice. There was no waiting to see someone for help. But when I told them I now live in CT, they told me I would have to go through the NY Consulate. It took me a year to get an appt. and of course, they told me I needed more documentation. I now have everything (I hope), and almost a year and a half later I have an appt. coming up this fall in NY. Since it takes so long in NY even if they accept all the documentation, I would rather go to the less busy Boston Consulate. My daughter lives in Boston so I could use her address. But I don't want to jeopardize anything by doing that. Has anyone had experience like this, or is this something that could jeopardize my citizenship?
pamgam

Re: where should I go?

Postby Em » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:09 pm

You will have to prove residency; giving them an address would not be sufficient. If your documents are complete and accurate, don't worry about NY. It does not take long in NY if you have all the records and the records are correct. If they find errors, it complicates matters. Give it a try; you may find there are no problems at all.
Em

Re: where should I go?

Postby pamgam » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:47 pm

Thanks again, Em.
pamgam

Return to Embassies and Consulates