First Cousins Applying Through DIfferent Consulates

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

First Cousins Applying Through DIfferent Consulates

Postby Zingara » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:04 pm

I am applying for citizenship through the Newark Consulate and have first cousins who also want to apply through our grandfather but who live in different states. Is it necessary for them to obtain our mutual grandparents' documents separately or can they somehow use the ones that I have?
Zingara

Re: First Cousins Applying Through DIfferent Consulates

Postby Em » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:55 pm

If you are applying at the same time, you will each need a full set of documents.
Em

Postby Zingara » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:57 pm

If I apply first, can they follow saying that the documents are on file at the Newark Consulate?
Zingara

Postby dla » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:40 pm

It depends on the consulate. You will have to check with the consulate at which your relative will be applying -- and of course they are welcome to change requirements at any time.

I asked at NYC, where my cousins will be applying and they said they will accept copies from SF where we applied as long as they had the SF consulate seal. Of course, for relatives not in our packet, they will need originals. I asked this in 2010 but my cousin has yet to apply.

Good luck!
dla

Return to Embassies and Consulates