SF Consulate Appointment: Spouse & Child attend?

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

SF Consulate Appointment: Spouse & Child attend?

Postby duronia » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:06 pm

I learrned that Ms. Stone has left the SF consulate. I sent an email to the SF consulate to get confirmation that my January 19, 2011 appointment is still on. I got an email confirmation, and they notified me that my wife and daughter must be present at the meeting. My wife and daughter will be getting citizenship through my application. My daughter is under 18. I would have thought that neither of them would have to be present nor would the Consulate want them there. My challenge is that my wife needs to travel that week for business. I let them know that in a follow-on email, but have not heard back from the consulate. Have any of you been required to have your spouse and children at the appointment? What happens if they do not attend the meeting? Thanks.....Mark
duronia

Re: SF Consulate Appointment: Spouse & Child attend?

Postby ciao*signorina » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:36 pm

I had my appointment this last Jan 2010 with Anna Maria Stone. My spouse was with me, but my daughter (under 18 as well) was not in attendance. Ms. Stone did not mention that my daughter needed to be there, she did say my daughter would be able to get her passport as soon as I received confirmation of my application's acceptance. Ms. Stone did accept her birth certificate with apostille, as well as my husband's birth certificate with apostille. Ms. Stone also made a copy of my husband's California Driver's License. Perhaps you should contact them again. I think they are very busy.

I just received this email from the consulate:

Ms. Stone retired a month ago and I am still getting up to speed on the tasks she left behind. However, our database indicates that you are a citizen, so the application appears to have been successful. After we receive an application we send it by certified email to the Comune from which your antecedents emigrated; therefore, you should receive a letter from the Comune regarding your citizenship, not from us, as you effectively count as a resident of that town living abroad. Because the citizenship office is in arrears, and significantly so, it appears that your application was processed only a short while ago. I can't give a precise estimate of the remaining delay, because the office is in flux, but rest assured that we are working on it.

Cordiali Saluti,
Alessio Cei
ciao*signorina

Re: SF Consulate Appointment: Spouse & Child attend?

Postby ciao*signorina » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:16 pm

Oops, I take back the part of Anna Maria taking my husband's apostilled birth certificate. She gave it back to me. Ciao! and good luck!
ciao*signorina

Return to Embassies and Consulates