Early Christmas Present: Is this the "first letter"

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Early Christmas Present: Is this the "first letter"

Postby adolfo2 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:01 am

Hi All:

Received this yesterday :D (papers submitted in March '06).

I have a few questions for the group as calling the Consolato is futile.

1. Is this the first communique/letter everyone talks about?
2. It mentions having sent my birth certificate to the local comune in Italy but nothing about sending my Marriage certificate. Is this automatic?
3. I should be getting a second letter "Welcome" from my comune?
4. Then a "package" from A.I.R.E.?

Happy Holidays from "Excited in NY"
Adolfo

CONSOLATO GENERALE D'ITALIA
690 PARK AVENUE
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10021

Pos.: XXXX Data: 30/11/2006
Numero Protocollo: XXXX

Sig. XXXX

Gentile Signore,

Le comunico che questo Ufficio ha provveduto a trasmettere il Suo certificato di nascita al Comune di XXXX.

Il Suo nominativo e' stato inoltre iscritto negli elenchi dell'Anagrafe consolare tenuta presso questo Ufficio.

Nel caso avesse bisogno del passaporto italiano e' cortesemente pregata di contattare direttamente l'Ufficio Passaporti al (212) 439-8627 dalle 2:30 p.m. alle 4:00 p.m..

Per qualsiasi altra certificazione, attestante il possesso della cittadinanza italiana, potra' presentarsi presso questo Consolato Generale con la presente comunicazione e un documento di riconoscimento in corso di validita'.

Ci el gradita l'occasione per inviare distinti saluti.
adolfo2

Postby NuccioP » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:02 pm

Hi,

I got the same letter a few months ago. That's all you'll get. They've already registered you in AIRE. Just save that letter, make copies of it. Take it to the consulate some morning and get your passport, equipped with 2 passport pictures.

Remember: if you have minor kids, your spouse will have to consent to the passport. And carry cash--the consulate doesn't take credit or "bancomat" cards.

Auguri, it's a great feeling, isn't it?
NuccioP

Postby Giuseppe » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:29 pm

It looks as though you will be having a very merry Christmas indeed. Congratulations!

Best,
Giuseppe
Giuseppe

Postby CJR » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:32 pm

That's great news - congratulations! I had my documents accepted in early June, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. How many generations back did you go? (I wonder whether it makes any difference?)
CJR

Postby adolfo2 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:10 pm

Accepting the application and being granted Citizenship are two different things.

I strongly suspect you have to wait for the letter.

Regards,
Adolfo
adolfo2

Return to Embassies and Consulates