How to say thank you

General.

Moderator: Daniel

How to say thank you

Postby mich555444 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:34 am

While searching for the Comune di Carlentini website to order documents I came across the Carlentini Archives site. I emailed them with my great grandmothers birth info and her parents names asking how to get the birth cert. A person there emailed me back right away saying that they dont issue certs but he will give me family members names. Well, lo and behold, this kind person emailed me a complete, hand writtten pedigree for my great grandmother which went back to HER great great grandparents. I now have a pedigree which goes back to my great/great/great/great/great grandparents! I have been searching for this info for years and in a matter of a few days this kind person actually took the time to handwrite it all out. He is also preparing the same for my other 3 great grandparents. This effort on his part is saving me both tons of time and money.
I got his name and thanked him profusely but I would really, really like to send him something. Of course, he said there is no need to pay him. Does any one have an idea of what I can send that would be appropriate?
Thanks,
Michelle
mich555444

Postby tayelof » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:19 pm

That was absolutely very nice of him. Did you write this letter in English or Italian and was his response in English. I would love to write in as well and hopefully be able to get a response back.
tayelof

Postby Perlina2 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:21 am

That was certainly very nice.

In your place I would send an international money order in Euro. I received a similar favor from someone in a small comune in Italy and when they received the money order they were ever so thankful.
Perlina2

Postby EUjoy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:27 am

along similar lines, i wonder if it is appropriate to write a thank-you letter to the comune from which italian documents were retrieved.

my aunt actually tracked my great-grandfather's birth cert in person, God bless her, and had a really good interaction with the comune.

admittedly, half my motivation would be to keep my name in their minds for when they get my documents, hopefully before too long?!! my appointment with the NYC consulate is tomorrow and my aunt just got the doc for me one week ago -- nick of time!!
EUjoy

Return to Italian Genealogy