Can Anyone help me?

General.

Moderator: Daniel

Can Anyone help me?

Postby Dawn Murphy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:11 am

My name is Dawn and I am fairly new at this. I am in search of the Molla's from Italy. My great grandmother Marina Molla was put on a ship when she was 4 years old. in what state was the country in, in 1901 for both parents to become deseased. Both of her parents were deceased and so she was shipped to Lima, Peru to live with family. I was also told that if she had stayed in her country (Italy that she would have been a Countess. I dont know how to research this information because I have No first Names for her parents. I was also told that her mother's maiden name was Robles (sounds like Ro bles possibly) If their is anyone out there in these forums that could help I would be eternally greatful.
Dawn Murphy

Postby peggymckee » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:51 pm

Hi Dawn--

I hope you find Marina. Unfortunately I have no answers for you--but may I make a couple of suggestions: 1) provide as much information as you can when you post a question ,e.g. where in Italy was Marina from, first name of her father & mother, etc., any information that might help 2) IMHO the genealogy section of this board http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Forums.html is better for genalogy questions.

Why would Marina lose her countness-ship just by moving to another country? Isn't a title hereditary? Wouldn't the family taking care of her know about her title? Good luck in your search. Peggy M
peggymckee

Postby Dawn Murphy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:33 pm

Marina is not lost, she passed away. When she went to Peru I am not sure if she even bothered to follow through with finding out why her Relatives raised her and not wanting to know what happened to my family is something I could never let get passed me. I am in search of her parents and her husbands parents. No one in the family seems to know anything. I would imagine it would follow her but she was taken out of Italy by boat and was to go live with her relatives in Lima, Peru. SHe was only 4 years old at the time. I found a ship manifest with her and her brother's name on it. Anything after that I have no clue. She spoke of Napoli and living there as a child but that is about as much as I know. I know I am missing alot of information but this is all I have for now. Marina's daughter has the family bible locked up in a bedroom and she will not unlock the door for anyone. I am guessing at this point, that I will have to wait until her passing before I will get to see what is in that Bible. Marina became very religious in the late stages of her life and it was said that she was a healer of ailments. Many people looked to her for guidance. I can only admit to meeting her once or twice in my lifetime. I will keep searching. thanks for replying.
Dawn Murphy

Postby AnotherCitizenToBe » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:53 pm

Dawn,

You say you have the ship's manifest - well, one item on every manifest I have ever seen is "Last Permanent Residence" usually broken into country and city/town. Also, a block often described as "Name and address of nearest relative or friend in country whence alien came".

These pieces of information are your starting point. Let us know the name of the town and perhaps we can guide you as to how to contact it and what information to request.
AnotherCitizenToBe

Postby peggymckee » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:39 pm

Dawn Murphy wrote:Marina is not lost, she passed away. ... I am in search of her parents and her husbands parents.
In the US almost always the parents' names are on the death certificate. Can you get M's DC from Peru? Good luck, Peg
peggymckee

I will check the into purchasing the DC from NC.

Postby Dawn Murphy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:04 am

http://content.ancestry.com/Browse/view ... rc=&zp=100

Copy and paste this into your browser search engine and see if its possible to read the last residence.

This is the link where I found the recorded ship manifest. If I could read it or understand the handwriting I would be doing something. The Last residence is hard for me to decipher. I have looked at maps of Spain and I see no city that romotely looks to be of the same spelling.
Thanks for everyone's help.
Dawn Murphy

I ordered the DC from North Carolina

Postby Dawn Murphy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:27 am

I went ahead and ordered the Death Cert. But according to Record online it only state's her fathers last name :Molla and it did not list her mother's at all. Maybe when I get the document it will be more informative. Let's say I have developed an IDC attitude when it come's to family helping me. You would think that if someone in the family finally took the time to do all of this that the family would be more helpful. I am hitting walls at almost every turn. I wont give up!!
Dawn Murphy

Re: I will check the into purchasing the DC from NC.

Postby AnotherCitizenToBe » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:49 am

Dawn Murphy wrote:http://content.ancestry.com/Browse/view.aspx?dbid=7488&path=1901.6.11.Liguria.34&fn=Marina&ln=Molla&st=r&pid=4002663581&ssrc=gr_t1629118_p-1902307114_g0_r_h-1939638928&rc=&zp=100

Copy and paste this into your browser search engine and see if its possible to read the last residence.

This is the link where I found the recorded ship manifest. If I could read it or understand the handwriting I would be doing something. The Last residence is hard for me to decipher. I have looked at maps of Spain and I see no city that romotely looks to be of the same spelling.
Thanks for everyone's help.

Dawn -

I asked about this in ****://expattalk.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/2620055123/m/732001291]another forum[/url] and someone suggested it may be ****://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piozzano]Piozzano[/url].

Hope this helps!
AnotherCitizenToBe

I found out my great grandparents names

Postby Dawn Murphy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:54 pm

My great grand fathers name was Lazard Molla and my great grand mothers name was Vicenta Robles. Would anyone possibly have information on either person? possibly from Napoli, Italy , Spain
Dawn Murphy

Return to Italian Genealogy